Divorce or Dissolution

If you have questions about terminating your marriage, schedule an initial consultation to discuss the options and differences between the two.  Although not as common, the option of a Legal Separation may also be more appropriate under certain circumstances.  Contemplate the best choice for your situation or adjust as your situation changes.   

Allocation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities

Not married?  Schedule to discuss the details of establishing paternity and being allocated parental rights and responsibilities, such as custody, visitation, and support.

Have post-decree issues?  If you have already been through the court system and have a current custody order that is not working or needs a tweak, you may be able to file a motion for the reallocation of parental rights and responsiblities.

Legal Custody or Grandparent Visitation

If you are in a situation where you find yourself caring for or wanting to care for a minor child, but are not the biological parent, schedule to discuss the option of filing for legal custody of the minor child.  This is not a process taken lightly and the courts consider very stringent factors when determining such issues.  Great thought and consideration should be given before filing.  

If you are a grandparent who has been a vital part of your grandchild's life, you may have the ability, by statute, to request grandparent visitation be ordered by the court.  Again, there are factors that will be considered by the court for such an order.  Contact the office to see if this is a possibility for your situation.

Child Support Orders and Issues

If you find yourself dealing with child support issues, whether through the Child Support Enforcement Agency or the Court, schedule to discuss how The Suriano Law Firm can assist in modification issues, contempt issues, or administrative issues.